Posted on February 21, 2010 by falaque
While randomly searching on youtube i thought of searching Pondicherry University, my alma mater, and got a nice work done by Selvakumar of MSc.
Congrats to P. Selvakumar and team for the effort.
Filed under: personal event, Pondicherry University | Tagged: pondicherry, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry University anthem | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 16, 2010 by falaque
On the occasion of valentine day i got this nice forwarded mail, its really nice.
when your lover gets married
- first you cry a lot, and then you start enjoying life.
- initially, you feel jealous of her spouse. Later, you feel compassionate.
- you feel like ending your life, some of us try it. Those who succeed at the attempt, leave others in sorrow; those who dont, get good wives.
- she asks you to continue to be her friend, and you feel it to be an offer of demotion.
- when she gives you the marriage card, you almost feel like getting slapped.
- you manage to find several reasons for not attending her marriage. Strangely, nobody asks for them.
- when you meet her after the marriage, howsoever moody, comic, tragic, serious, mawali, heroic, charming, notorious you are, you behave like a perfect gentleman.
- when you meet her children, you are watchful whether the children call you Chacha (paternal uncle) or Mama (maternal uncle).
- when you see her name on your mobile display, your mind goes through a complete era before picking up the call.
- when you receive an email from her, you look for all the reasons for not replying.
- suddenly Dijkstras shortest path algorithm stops outputting a path that goes via her hostel/house.
- the frequency of your friends asking you to go for a movie/picnic/trek suddenly increases and that of you agreeing suddenly reduces.
- when you both are attending the same function, you make sure you are at the farthest point from where she is.
- you try several times to delete the folder of her emails and fail miserably every time. You succeed, when your marriage gets decided.
- you dont want to get drunk in front of your wife, because you are unsure what you would speak.
- if your wife does not know her, you make all the attempts for them not to get introduced to each other.
- you start sympathizing with the movie actor, howsoever stupid he might be, who does not get the heroine in a love triangle.
- despite hard attempts, you cannot forget her mobile number.
- if you have to pay for her coffee, she does not make any attempt to pay you back.
- your favorite singer changes from Mohammad Rafi to Kishore Kumar or from Kishore Kumar to Mukesh.
- you try for an hour to compose a mail on her birthday and cannot decide whether to start with Dear. You end up not mailing her.
- despite what happens, you never hate her.
Its true in Indian context. I dont know about other places. Let me know(through comments) if something like this happened with you or share your experience.
Filed under: cool, cool mails, fwds | Tagged: cool, Cool Forward, love, lover, marriage, Valentine day | 1 Comment »
Posted on February 11, 2010 by falaque
Happy Birth Day to me.
Thanks to all of my colleague and friends for decorating my cubical very nicely. Probably i’ll post some photo soon.
One of my colleague is also celebrating his birthday today, so as he wished me, i replied “same to you” ;).
Nnormally you dont get chance to say so. Interesting thing is i also had opportunity to mentor him for some time ;).
PS: image courtesy happinesspages.
Filed under: personal event | 2 Comments »