On the occasion of valentine day i got this nice forwarded mail, its really nice.
when your lover gets married
- first you cry a lot, and then you start enjoying life.
- initially, you feel jealous of her spouse. Later, you feel compassionate.
- you feel like ending your life, some of us try it. Those who succeed at the attempt, leave others in sorrow; those who dont, get good wives.
- she asks you to continue to be her friend, and you feel it to be an offer of demotion.
- when she gives you the marriage card, you almost feel like getting slapped.
- you manage to find several reasons for not attending her marriage. Strangely, nobody asks for them.
- when you meet her after the marriage, howsoever moody, comic, tragic, serious, mawali, heroic, charming, notorious you are, you behave like a perfect gentleman.
- when you meet her children, you are watchful whether the children call you Chacha (paternal uncle) or Mama (maternal uncle).
- when you see her name on your mobile display, your mind goes through a complete era before picking up the call.
- when you receive an email from her, you look for all the reasons for not replying.
- suddenly Dijkstras shortest path algorithm stops outputting a path that goes via her hostel/house.
- the frequency of your friends asking you to go for a movie/picnic/trek suddenly increases and that of you agreeing suddenly reduces.
- when you both are attending the same function, you make sure you are at the farthest point from where she is.
- you try several times to delete the folder of her emails and fail miserably every time. You succeed, when your marriage gets decided.
- you dont want to get drunk in front of your wife, because you are unsure what you would speak.
- if your wife does not know her, you make all the attempts for them not to get introduced to each other.
- you start sympathizing with the movie actor, howsoever stupid he might be, who does not get the heroine in a love triangle.
- despite hard attempts, you cannot forget her mobile number.
- if you have to pay for her coffee, she does not make any attempt to pay you back.
- your favorite singer changes from Mohammad Rafi to Kishore Kumar or from Kishore Kumar to Mukesh.
- you try for an hour to compose a mail on her birthday and cannot decide whether to start with Dear. You end up not mailing her.
- despite what happens, you never hate her.
Its true in Indian context. I dont know about other places. Let me know(through comments) if something like this happened with you or share your experience.